If you are searching for neck pain relief in Plymouth, MN, Dr. Shane Boroditsky at Minnesota Chiropractic and Rehabilitation can help you achieve your goal with individualized care.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Neck pain can be due to a variety of issues, and not all of those issues might be located in the neck. The body is made up of interconnected regions that can easily impact one another.
For example, neck pain may be caused by a misalignment in the mid-back. In order to treat the pain, Dr. Boroditsky will do a full examination to determine the root cause and then develop a treatment plan to address both the cause and the symptoms.
Some common causes of neck pain include the following:
- Accidents and injuries: Many people that suffer from neck pain do so after a car accident, a fall, or another type of injury. Most commonly, whiplash is sustained due to sudden force, which can cause tension and injure discs, joints, ligaments, and nerves.
- Lifestyle habits: Poor posture and a weak core can cause overcompensation in the neck and other muscular areas. Obesity can also put excessive pressure on some areas.
- Bone, disc, and joint disorders: Osteoarthritis, bulging or herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and similar issues can all impact the neck.
How a Chiropractor Can Help Relieve Neck Pain
Dr. Boroditsky provides several treatment options to address the cause of your neck pain in Plymouth, MN. Some of these treatments include:
- Massage therapy: Massage helps to alleviate tension as well as increase blood flow, which sends healing nutrients to the impacted area.
- Spinal decompression: Spinal decompression is a therapy in which the spine is gently stretched, creating a sort of vacuum that pulls bulging and herniated discs back into their proper place.
- Electrical muscle stimulation: Electrical muscle stimulation sends a safe, electrical current to the targeted area. This current causes muscles to contract, which promotes the release of natural pain relievers in the body.
- Cold laser therapy: Cold laser therapy is provided to speed up the healing of tissues, helping to reduce pain, inflammation, and swelling.
- Spinal adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments are utilized to realign the spine, which takes undue pressure off of nerves, joints, and muscles.
You don’t have to live with neck pain in Plymouth, MN any longer. Call (763) 390-1323 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Boroditsky at Minnesota Chiropractic and Rehabilitation today.